Re: Timeing belt cover *opinions*

<<
 I am still reviving my 1.8 8v and I have been thinking of weather I
 should keep the timing belt cover on it or remove it.  I know little
 rocks and stuff can pop under the belt and mess up timing but I would
 like to know what you guys think.

 Timing belt cover OR not

I haven't had one on my 78 ITC car-turned-project-car since I put the race
motor in back in 1989. I've never had a problem, but can't say it's given me
any benefit other than catering to my own lazyness. I can do a timing belt in
about 10 minutes, without rushing the job, but with the cover on would
probably only add about 15 minutes to the job. It took me over 4 hours to do
my Camry last month, by comparison. It's definitely not a VW!

Todd