Re: Water leaks - Factory holes in roof??!

At 13:42 3/31/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello everybody!
>
>I have recently noticed a lot of water on the floor of my '85 rocco
>8v.
>
>After removing the vinyl on the roof, and water testing with the
>sunroof, I noticed the water was coming out from factory designed
>holes in the roof.  They are not noticable without removing the
>vinyl.
>
>One question: WHY!??  Why such stupidity when the rest of the car is
>so well designed!  Is this a factory error!?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Frank

In sunroof Beetles, there were plastic hoses running from the corners of
the sunroof opening down the roof posts, so any leakage would drain out of
the rocker panels. Is it possible someone removed these from your car?

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco
'58 Ghia Convert