Re: Mufflers for 16V and related exhaust notes.....

At 12:23 AM 4/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>      This rumor does have some truth in it. I have the 2.25 stainless
>techtonics pipes on my 16vS.  I installed the exhaust 18 months ago when I
>lived in Buffalo NY(salt capital of the world)  Then my tranny blew up...a
>whole different story.... before I had the chance to drive it in the
>following winter.....a blessing in disguise.  I finally got around to putting
>my car back together this past thanksgiving.  While under the car (which had
>been stored in my parents garage in wisconsin on a huge plastic tarp to
>protect from moisture) I noticed that the pipes were rusting at the
>connection to the muffler -ultraflow.   And just for you skeptics out there
>it was not just light corrosion. It is badass rust.  So, what do I have to
>say about this?  Darrell will hear from me if I can't stop it.  He is always
>really nice on the phone......?
>-->DAN MAY
>-->8716v Scirocco
>-->83gti

If thats the case, id cash in on their "lifetime" warranty on TT's Stainless
Steel. Im also curious as to what the fine print will say about the limitations
of the warranty also. (Yes, even "unlimited" warranties are limited in many
ways.)
Keep me informed on what action you take, if any.
Im kinda doing a little test of my own with my alumnized TT ststem on my GLi.
Can it be as good as a SS system in my climate?? Well just have to find out....

TTYL!

Shawn