Re: scirocco insurance

KDBinney@aol.com wrote:

> It all depends on where you are, Im in CT and I pay approx $2000 a
> year for
> my insurance for my 8v GTi and my record is clean.  That was damn
> cheap, most
> places were up by the $3000 figure.  that is just liability.
>
> Kyle

> message.

  Clean record? You sure about that one Kyle?

Well I must agree with him on that it depends where in the country you
are, but it also depends on your insurance company, for example my
insurance company has the considers my 16v GTi the same as a normal Golf
for insurance costs.  So the best thing to do is just call around and
find the best deal.  I don't know much about the company's policies in
Seattle, but here in CT I've never heard of a company refusing someone
coverage because of mods done to the car, although I also don't know
mant people that tell their company that their car is modified, but I've
looked over my policy with Prudential and no where have I ever found
anything regarding modifiying a car expect if the mods make the car
illegal for use on public roads.

Janusz Lipski