Re: Rocco II an Impulse?

> > I still
> > can not figure out why VW didnt label the the Corrado the MKIII.  The
> > scirocco was a great VW car and they had to kill it to go with the Corrado.
>
> I figure since Scirocco sales were slipping, they decided to go
> with something all 'new', which most VW enthusiasts considered it
> as a Scirocco III.
>
> -Mike
> 89 Scala

No, I completely disagree.. When the Corrado was planned Scirocco
sales had never been higher. Okay, when the it finally reached
production the Scirocco had stagnated, but it was by this time about
9 years old. The C is in a completely different price/performance
bracket to the Scirocco. Anybody else who has owned both can bear me
out on this.... Also, why did VW not delete the Scirocco II when the
Corrado came out? Because it was a great model, and was still doing
pretty well all over, and didn't impede sales of the Corrado...
Jeremy R. Bromley       --- Events Manager, Corrado Club of Great Britain
eMail to - jbromley@enterprise.net