Re: A/C compressor

All VW's from 84-92, A1's,A2's,8V &16V except corrado & passat use the
same a/c compressor (saynko SD-508).
It is totally possible to remove the a/c all together just totally pricey
to do it the factory way.(about 350.00) Plus finding the brackets in the
junkyards is pretty hard since the majority of 16V's had a/c. You can
however use an a/c bracket from a 84&up 8V & put the alternator where the
a/c compressor went , it's low enough to clear the intake manifold. The
only thing is finding the right belt for the alt. Witch only takes a few
trips to the parts store. If you feel like going for it & need help lemme
know
GL
Potterman