Re: 210 mm clutch

>At 02:40 PM 4/7/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>Will the 210 mm clutch fit in a 80 scirocco trans without any
>>problems?  Do you have to get a different fly wheel or anything?
>>
>>                                      Jay
>

>It will fit the trans without a problem. The only hitch is, you gotta
>have a 210mm flywheel. You can pick one up from most any junkyard for
>pretty cheap. Just be sure to get it resurfaced. Just tell them you
>need a flywheel for an 84-85 Rabbit GTi or, tell them you need it for a
>JH motor and it will be the same flywheel.
>HTH
>

>Shawn
>--

Is it better to have a 210mm clutch or a 190mm(or is it 180mm)  clutch.
When I replaced my clutch in my 81 Scirocco it put in a 190mm clutch because
the mechanic ordered it.  However, my car had a 190mm pressure plate with a
210 flywheel (i think that's the right part.  I dunno what was the
difference anyways.

Sal

-It's only wrong if you get caught.   -JMK

-We are all prostitutes.   -Me