Re: A/C Vent Question: '86 Scirocco.

>       - When I use the A/C, the COLD Air only comes thru the sides.
>         And HOT Air comes thru the Centre Vent.

I had a similar problem with my '85. I found my vacuum distributor
leaking. A Mityvac pump works great for this diagnosis. I took
the distributor apart to find the rubber component that channels
the vacuum had dried out. I thought this may prevent a good vacuum
seal.

The fix: I lubricated the rubber with a little petroleum jelly
and so far all my vents work correctly.

When a vacuum leak exists, I found the air valve to the heater
core stays partially open. If your heater hose valve is leaking,
this would allow hot air to mix with cool air at the center vents.

Rob
rcalderwood@mcimail.com