Re: Interior glass fogging

At 05:08 PM 9/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I dont know about you guys, but my Scirocco fogs like crazy in the mornings
>on my way to school.  Rain-X's anti-fog solution doesn't help much.  The
>defogger is useless.  Any tricks that will help me in unfogging my glass?
>(Does rolling down the windows, turning on the AC, or anything else help?)
>
>Thanks
>-Sean Clark
>
>--
>
>You need to scrub your glass with something, it has a film on it.  Is your
heater core solid?  Someone on the H2O list recommended Bon Ami, and stated
that it will not scratch.  I can not yet confirm or deny this.  :)  I
personally use a razor blade and Windex.  Spray down the window until it is
soaked.  Then, instead of wiping with a towel, use the razor as a squeegee.
Be sure to point the razor in the direction of travel.  Something else that
might work is steel wool.  And no, it won't scratch.  Years ago, I used it
as a stain remover on glass at the car wash I used to work at (I've done it
all at one time or another).  :)  Personally, I recommend the razor and Windex.

Regards,
David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102