Re: Gains from racing headers

Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> While thinking about the next mod for my 16v scirocco a debate came up
> between a few friends and i :
> what sort of gains would you see from buying a (techtonics probably )16v
> racing header?
> Now i have a 2.25" TT exaust and plan on removing the cat.  What sort of
> torque/hp would i see from putting on a racing header? I have heard :
> dont do it - the stock one is great and aftermarket ones can't hold onto the
> engine
> or
> instant 7-13 hp...
> any thoughts?

Even the guys at Techtonics say it is a minimal gain. I would think if
anyone wanted to inflate the HP gain it would be the people selling the
products.

I say if you want to gain every last HP from the car then do it otherwise
stay with the Stock design. Techtonics says headers are louder, hotter,
they crack etc.

Just my opinion. In fact I was considering this myself untill I talked
with a few people. I did order the racing downpipe though since mine is
cracked and I didn't want to pay $400 for one with a cat.