Re: Mechanics and dealers

Brandon Sommerville wrote:

> >In
> >any case, it is something quite easy to diagnose and fix. You don't have
> >to be an idiot like me, who, 3 years ago, took it to the dealer and paid
> >about $100 for a new valve and "repair time"... (it probably took them 10
> >minutes to put the new unit in...)
> >
> >Ilias
>
> Bad luck with the dealer, dude!  Are there any GOOD dealers out there?  I
> have only heard of very rare instances when someone will praise a dealer.

I would just like to say I have found a great mechanic here in SC too.
This always comes in way cheaper than any other quotes I get. I stopped
looking around since he always gives me a great price and he really knows
his VWs.

As for dealers we don't even have one around here, but with all the
horror price stories I've heard who cares.