GTX, GTi, GT, GTII, Scala, ......

Does anyone know the differences between all the Euro spec Sciroccos?  At first I thought GTX were all 16V, but learn now that they're not...I'm an American who's been living in Germany for 2 years now and still trying to figure out all the different models.  Mine's a Scala.  What makes it different from a GTi?  Edumacate me...It's all so easy in the states.  But here you gotta watch out what you buy.  You can buy a 91 carbureted 1.5Litre Scirocco that looks like a 88 16V in the states.  Of course without those big-ass US bumpers!

Mike

If anyone wants me to find anything here for you, lemme know...