Re: WTB: passenger power window switch - '85 Scirocco

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Kevin McGrath wrote:

||My advice is be 100% sure you need one. I took mine apart and used
||sandpaper on the contacts and they have worked perfectly ever since. Just
||break apart the metal clips on the back of the switch and it comes apart.

Sandpaper is good in extreme situations but for most applications
a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol is best.  You can even get special
contact cleaner at your local electronics store.  Also, after I
clean a switch (not just on a car but any switch) I usually put
on a dab of _contact_ grease (NOT REGULAR GREASE).  You can get it
at any hardware store and it prevents corrosion from coming back
so quick.

Oh yeah,  be careful when dismantling the switch.  There's springs
inside that will vaporize (roll away to a place that you will never
find them) if you're not careful.  Try to do it in a place that you
can control flying parts like inside of a box.

	dapete