Re: WTB: passenger power window switch - '85 Scirocco

At 12:31 AM 9/13/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Help me end what seems like a nightmare.  I'll make my request and then
>share the nightmare.  If you don't care about the 'mare just read paragraph 1.
>
>I need a power window switch for an '85 'rocco (I imagine the part from any
>Scirocco II will do).  Can't find one locally - none of the wreckers have
>them and I refuse to even call a dealer to ask how much.  Anyway, that's
>what I need so if you've got one, know where to get one, happen to be at a
>wrecker or near a parts car with one - make me a happy VW'r.

Chris,
        I have a possible source for new switches.  Some years ago I wrote
down a telephone number that alledgedly supplies these inexpensively (around
forty dollars, I think).  Trouble is, I called it and got a fax machine, so
I have no idea if you can get the switches or not.  I have no idea of the
company name, or any other info.  Hope this helps, but it just may add to
your frustration.  Anyway, if you want to try, the number is 415-492-8273.
If I had a fax machine, I would send in an order in myself to see if this
company can help.

Good Luck,
David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102