Re: Fuel Filter confusion

At 04:58 PM 9/7/96 -0400, scirocco-l@privateI.com wrote:
>Hello fellow Scirocco owners,
>
>     OK, here goes: I wanted to replace my fuel filter on my 1985 Scirocco
>(as if I'd be talking about any other type of car here).  The old filter is
>the OE part.  It is a Bosch, part # 0 450 905 066, underneath the 066 is a
>086 with a curved rectangle around it.

That is the Bosch part #.  It is the same # as my original, but the
additional # was not 086, but 015.  The VW part # on mine was 811 133 511 A.
As I recall, when I first changed my filter, I had to make one change in
fittings.  I either had to discard a fitting that was on the car or I had to
discard a fitting that was on the filter.  This is the large "beer keg" filter.
Hope this helps.

Chris

So I went to my friendly VW dealer