One more clutch ?

Ok first thanks to all that helped me with the 86 scirocco 16v clutch
question.. its (maybe) near the end
where we left off- i had it down to the throuout bearing (to recap - i was
driving and the clutch pedal just sunk to the floor and wouldnt come back
up.  I pulled right on the fork on the tranny but the gears still grinded)

This is the thing -
i cant take it to the shop so i described to the guy what was wrong ( just
to make sure before i did replaced throuout bearing (which all you and
some friends told me was the cause of it) but HE told me that it could be
the cable, fork or even (nonono please no) the plate!!
1st question - does the plate that would have worn through by the rod
pushing on it  come with full sachs 210mm clutch kits??
ok so he said i usually WOULDNT be able to pull up on the fork w/o the
cable cause its very many lbs pressure and i couldnt do it by hand - is
this true? if you have a working clutch go out and try and pull it and
tell me... thanks
okok so do you guys know if i pulled on the fork all the way then got
somone to shift it and the gears grind - is it the bearing? he said no
cause the bearing sould make some funny sound instead...
ok well >ANY< help you guys got - i need
thanks to all again
Rus Mehta
86 16v scirocco with a prayer