Bang!

Hey all!

Gotta little problem...

Engine under torque--like going 25mph in first--tach around 5 or 6k...

If I let off the gas totally, my front end drops a smidgen and goes, "BANG".
What's with that?!?!?!?!?  And if I get back on the gas, I get a kind of
"scrape".  I've checked front and rear mounts and my strut bearings.  All
check out.

I have Neuspeed lowering springs and Tokico illuminas (set on 2 in front, 1
being softest).  The problem is somewhat new--the suspension is not.

Thanks for any pointers!

Chris
'87 16v