Re: Shocks/springs

>Are the progas's really bad? The other thing i was gonna ask is what exactly
>are the struts/bearings, etc.  How can you tell if you need them?

No, Konis/Illuminas are just BETTER.  Anything's better than stock, esp.
Progas's.  How may miles on your car?  Recommended Bearing replacement is
50k miles.  THat's just for optimum comfort, though.  They are the rubber
bushings type things on your struts/shocks.  In the front, They are visible
thru the engine bay in the part of the strut assy that protrudes thru the
top.  In the rear, they look like donuts and you have to look up in the
wheel well, I think.  As far as needing them, just find out the last time
you replaced them.

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco

West Ambler Johnston Hall