Re: My first cop experience

At 08:11 PM 10/29/96 -0500, you wrote:

>>Uh, its likely he wasnt after you to begin with. They cant clock you if your
>>driving the opposit direstion as they are. (Its physically possible, but its
>>not any PD's policy to do it. Too many legalities to it to make it stick.
>>They would rather stick with tried and true speed trap's.
>>More than likely, he got a backup call which was in the other direction.
>>We'll never know the real truth..........
>>It's all so..... speculative...... :)
>
>Well this did run through my mind except for one thing -
>Two weeks earlier a friend of mine was doing 55 in a 30 and got pased by a
>cop.  10 minutes later he wsa stopped and ticketed $75 for speeding....
>think about that one =)

Think about this, any cop can give you any kind of traffic violation ticket
they feel the need or want to! They dont really have to know the speed you
were going. They just need to catch you and cite you. They can pick any
number they like to!
I have given tickets to punks on the reservation for speeding. Most of the
time, I didnt know what the speed they were doing was, BUT, I knew they were
going faster than I was, and *I* was speeding. (Thats probable cause for a
stop!) And if they were disrespectful, the speed on the ticket got faster.
(Up to the point where I would have to arrest them.)

Shawn