Re: Lacking power?

Josh Clark said:
>Another funny thing to do with these (ridiculous) cars is get them to
>race at highway speeds and keep up for a little then slam on the
>brakes.  They fly away sort of surprised and slow down and then I floor
>it in 3-4th and go laughing past them.  It takes them a while to catch
>up too.  One other thing is driving circles around cars.  Always make me
>smile,
>Josh cLaRK

I racing against camaros was on a race track. Buttonwillow to be exact. It
wasnt racing but "hot lapping" at the time against all sorts of other cars.
Still, it gave me an idea of what those cars could do and not do. I wasnt
impressed. The Winston West cars (NASCAR) that blew my doors did!

I gotta give out some credit to Josh from his WEB page for the idea of
lowering the intake tube from the clip to hanging below into the airstream.
I didnt put it as low as his schematic shows because I wanted to be kinda
stealthy with it until I tested it. Race day came up and even then, due to a
faulty fan switch, I didnt get to do full runs. (Overheated) I have tested
the car on my 2 "testing" hills and I can tell you top end, it gave me 5
mph! Thats alot from going to a consistant 100 mph at the top to doing
105mph with just this simple mod! Its one of the cheapest 5mph improvement I
ever did.
Now, do I make a bigger tube or, go with the Cold Air Plenum idea.......

Shawn