Re: What do you all do for LIGHTING?

At 01:26 AM 10/27/96 +0500, you wrote:
>I've got the Euro Lighting, and it's not adjusted.  I've heard that shops
>won't do euro alignments, because the little knobs on the covers aren't there.
>
>Are there places that do lighting that don't depend on the little clear
>molded knobs?

You guys can do this yourself!
Heres what I did with my stock headlights. I park the car (at night) on a
nice flat piece of road, driveway, parking lot, what-have-you. Just as long
as its got about 30 feet in front of you that is flat and theres nothing in
the way. Take a piece of cardboard and tape it to one light, OR, unplug one
light, or have your girlfriend stand in front of one light. If the left
light (Drivers side) is being aimed, adjust it to where the beam is about
15-20 feet in front of the car, shinning ON the pavement directly in front
and just a hare to the right of center of the light. Then, do the same to
the right light (Passenger side) and aim it directly straight ahead of that
light and at the same level as the other light. Then, get in the car and see
if it lights up the frontal area to your liking without possibly blinding
oncomming drivers. This is how I set my lights and im pleased with the
results. My high beams are almost like daylight!
My neibor had her lights adjusted by a local shop and they point almost
straight down! Screw that! Legal or not, I need to see where im going. They
need to go after new Cherokees and trucks before they mess with me! (Im sick
of being blinded by their low beams) Ive never had any complaints over my
light settings from anybody. Just use common sence is all.

Shawn