Re: rebuild 87 16 valve

At 09:13 AM 10/21/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I an rebuilding a 87 16 valve and could use some help
>on parts.
> I dont want to do it stock can anyone recommend some info on a good set of
cams, or
>is stock good enough?
>I just want to Build the snot out of it.
> I have all the tools to port and polish cylinder head.
>Should I go with bigger valves?
> Can I get a stroker crank for 16 valve engine
>I have built a lot of vw aircooled engines but never watercooled.
> Is there a company that puts out a parts catalog with quality parts
>Any info on anything would be a big help
>                       Thank you  john.delaney

Word on the street is stick w/ stock valves.  Since you're gonna be in
there, I'd DEFINITELY put in an aftermarket cam.  Even the euro-spec intake
cam is supposed to kick ass, and you can keep your exhaust cam the way it is
if you do that swap.

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco

West Ambler Johnston Hall