Re: running hot (was no subject)

On 18 Oct 96 at 23:01, Lisa & Rick wrote:

> Your water temp seems normal from what I've read here in the past.
> Mine goes as high as @85% at it's peak before the fan comes on.
> I've noticed no ill effects so far.  A lot of owners say to try
> Redline product for cooling system called (others please give
> correct name) Engine Wetter.  Your oil temp also seems about normal
> from what I've read here.  If my understanding is correct, your
> little red lite on the temp gauge should start flashing if you are
> truly overheating.  Perhaps you may be overdue for an oil change???

After I read this again, it looked confusing (and I'm the dope who
wrote it!).  The red lite that is supposed to flash if overheating is
occuring is in the water temp gauge.  The way I wrote it, it looks
like I'm saying it's in the oil temp gauge.  You can tell if your
water temp warning lite is working by observing it when you start
your car.  It'll flash momentarily when you start the engine as a
test.  If you can't see it, you may want to fix it.

Oh yeah, I was also qouted $189 for a Techtronics exhaust from the
cat back.  How does this price stack up?  And is this a fairly loud
muffler?  I don't want it too loud....it's already quite throaty.
The previous owner had Midas put on the one that's on there (I found
the reciept).  Just wondering........

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA