Re: Prestone Stop Leak

At 07:17 PM 10/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever used Prestone's Stop Leak coolant system sealer?  I've got a
>tiny leak in my system that I can't locate.  (I'm only losing about 8 oz.
>every 6 months.)  Does this stuff work?  It's got these little organic
>pellets that supposedly dissolve and seal any leaks in your cooling system.
>Can these magic pellets accidentally gum up the water pump or something!?
>
>BTW... It says on the bottle to add the stuff to the radiator through the
>radiator cap.  Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't seem to find my cap?  Do
>Sciroccos have top mounted caps?

It works just like the bottle says but remember one thing, it will also fill
any other thin gap of flowing coolant, so if you have a water jacket thats
kind of clogged, it will become fully clogged!
Its a cheap way to fix things but realistically, you want to find the leak
and fix the real problem, not create another problem on top of the existing
one you already have. Thats all I have to say about that.....

Coolant cap, you cant find it eh? Well, its right on top of my radiator,
where it belongs. On yours, its what is now your coolant res overflow. If
you Bisect these coordinates, you should find it. Find your battery, then
your brake master cylinder. Its in between these two items. (Its kinda white)
If I were you, and you have decided to use the magic pebbles, only use about
1/10th of the container. Then see if it helps a few days later. Use more if
needed. (Use only as direcreted, never take internally ect, bla-bla.)

Yak-yak
Shawn