Re: Shifting Problems

>i had the clutch replaced..and i HATE this..its suppose to be one of
>those self ajusting..self ajusting my ass....i like the catch at top..now
>its near the middle..bleah but the clutch is good its only got 2k on it.

The clutch, or the clutch cable?  The cable determines where you *catch* it.
I just got a new one...took 10 min. to put in.  If you've got a white sleeve
type thing near where it connects to the tranny, then that's how you adjust
it. Have a friend keep spinning it up/down the shaft while you test it, and
stop when you've got it where you like it.  If you don't have this cable,
mark at adirondack sells them dirt cheap.  I don't recall offhand how much
it was, but it was sweet.

Sorry I can't help you w/ the other problems.  My friend's 8v has the same
problem.  I hate driving it.  He handles it perfectly, though.  If you can't
fix it, perhaps you'll _learn_to_live_with_it._.  But I have faith in some
of the other members.  We'll fix ya up, ryan!

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco

West Ambler Johnston Hall
Virginia Tech Campus