Re: Wierd problem

At 08:24 PM 10/8/96 +-100, you wrote:
>>My console fan keeps blowing its fuse.  I've gone through two in the last
>>week.  Really annoying, particularly since we're heading into the cold season.
>
>>Also driving to the mechanics this morning, I couldn't rev the engine over
>>3k rpms.  It felt like hitting a rev limiter.  Naturally, as soon as my
>>mechanic got in to take it for a test drive it worked fine.  Made it into
>>work ok, so I don't know what happened.  Anyone else ever have this happen?
>
>I bought an 83 Audi coupe with the injected 2.2 5 cylinder from a German
guy and it developed the same cut out problem.  But it would cut out at 5800
RPM.  After finally taking to a dealer after many mechanics couldn't figure
it out, they narrowed it down to the computer.  So, the guy told me to give
it back to him cuz he felt bad I guess and he gave me a hell of a deal on my
89 Scirocco.  But anyway, been reading Shawn's stuff too much...I'm
babbling!  :-)

Why youuuu!!! :)
I just test drove an 88' Jetta GLi that did the same thing, cut out a 4,000
rpms.. I suspect its either a bad distributor cap/rotor, coil or its in the
fuel system, I-E, clogged fuel injector. Worse case scenereo is its got bad
rings. But since you say it cleared up, it was probable a temporary clogg in
an injector. Try and duplicate the problem.
The Jetta I drove was a 16V, and I wasnt impressed.
If your blowing fuses on your fan, you need to chase the wiring down and see
if you got a short somewhere. thats the only reason you pop fuses. Thats why
there are fuses, keeps your car from burning to its axles!
Well, im off to look at a built 86'

Yak-yak
Shawn