Re: Can rear badges come off?

At 01:50 AM 10/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>I have been meaning to go to my local junk yard to see if the rear badges on
>the Scirocco there will come off easily without breaking.  Can this be done?
> I want to take mine off and spray paint them black (my whole car is black
>including the wheels) but I don't want them to break obviously do I can put
>them back on.  There isn't anyway to test this without possibly breaking
>mine and I won't be going to the yard for a while so can anyone let me know
>if they have done this?  Thanks a heap,

There are 3 plastic prongs that are pressed into each of their own plastic
boots. If you can get under them and pry each one up a little and work them
all loose, then you can do it. Since the car has some years on it, you just
might break the plastic, depending on how brittle it is. Worse comes to
worse, you buy new badges for less than $20.00.
All you gotta do is take some paint thinner and wipe off the paint on the
badges for that blacked out, "cant read shit", look. Try that first.....

Shawn