Re: New Page New Page New Page....

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Jeremy Bromley wrote:

> P.S. If any UK readers are interested, my G60 (Red '91 H-Reg 85k

I've noticed british car ads always list the " _-reg " with a used car. Is
this the first letter of the license plate? Does the original license
plate stay with the car every time it is resold? I've heard people pay
big money at auctions for certain letter plates, what makes them so
precious? In America you get a new plate every time a car has a new
owner. And if you want a personalized plate you just apply for one and pay
$50+/- . Lemme no

 Yours in motorsport, Wes Shew   [ macher ;-) ]
  #53 DSP 1980 VW Scirocco Mk.I, 1.6L bal/blueprt, Platinum Grey Metallic
   #99 BS 1991 PORSCHE 944S2 cpe 3.0L (M030 & LSD opts.) Guards Red/Blk.lthr
    SCCA (NWR) & PCA (CWR)  Vancouver, Canada  (604)737-7649  schumi@vcn.bc.ca