Re: Extra Lighting

: From: Kevin McGrath <mcsysop@sccoast.net>
: Subject: Extra Lighting

: I would like to add some driving lights to my '87 Scirocco. I was just
: wondering what lighting modifications you have done and what are the
: costs of different packages. Along with likes and dislikes.
:
: I want better lighting without spending a lot.

Kevin,

I too wanted better lighting on my Scirocco (84).  I found that the
factory headlights just don't cut it.  money has kept me from upgrading to
the Euro lighting, I love the look of the euro lights.  Although I'm not
really sure if the lighting is much better anyway.

What I did do was to install a set of Catz Projector lights.  I went with
the Catz XLO lights.  I've had them on my car since January and they are
GREAT !  They completely outshine my headlights, and I haven't had one
complaint from oncoming drivers.  Catz makes a full line of aux lights in
a variety of shapes and styles.  I'm thinking of upgrading to the Catz MSX
lights.   They are wider and slimmer, and offer a wider pattern.  The MSX
are fairly new, so I think I'll have to try them out.

As far as pricing goes, I don't recall what the typical retail prices are,
but I will post some prices for everyone interested.  I'm working now on
setting up a car stereo and accessories page on my site, offering
stereos, amps, speakers, accessories and more.  I do know that in
comparision to PIAA lighting, the CATZ are less expensive, while offering
equal or better performance.

Until Later ..........

Gene