re:Looking for a Scirocco!

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Dom Lippolis wrote:

>	That depends on what body style of the early scirocco you are
> looking for or like more.  The mid 70's 'rocco had the straight fenders
> which I think are really nice.  While the new style had the wrap around
> front signal lights.  Nice but not as neat.  My 1980 'rocco S has the
> latter of the two, but I still love the car.
>	Problem is finding an early one with minimal rust.  Even my 80 has
> the cancer and I am sorry to say it is terminal on this one.  (Firewall is
> dieing and so are the spots near the door hinges.) My wiper arm fell
> through.
>	I suggest putting in a 1.8 motor because that transformer the car
> for me.  And what further transformed it was the springs/shocks.  The
> three things I listed are a must, IMHO.  The car should have come from the
> Factory like this!

						DOM!
						1980 Scirocco S
Dom,
	I am looking for the scirocco with the four round headlights.  I
do not know if all series I sciroccos came with them (as I said I am a
GTI man and know very little about sciroccos)
	These cars are very rare up here.  As far as finding one with little
rust is concerned (I live in Canada) that is a feat in itself.

P.S. What years were the seriesI produced?

BTW I would like like to learn more about Sciroccos.  Can someone point me
in the right direction on the net.  Any web pages that deal with these cars?

Thank-You

      * VW GTI - THE ULTIMATE HOT HATCH * Fiorenzo Vetrone           *
      *       1991 GTI 16V (RED)        * e_sasso@alcor.concordia.ca *
      *       1994 GTI 8V (BLACK)       * Concordia University       *
      *         Driver Hired!!          * Montreal, Canada           *