Re: Gauges Q

>Rich Garrett
>12/26/96 10:17 AM
>

>>(V=IR and all that although who knows what the R is)?
>
>Voltage(V)=Current in Amps (I) * Resitance (R)
>
>Depending on what you want to measure, a voltmeter is placed across
>specific components in an electrical circuit to measure the voltage drop
>across that component. An ammeter is placed anywhere in a circuit to
>measure the current at that point in the circuit.
>
>Having just finished a class discussing some basic electronics.....
>
>Rich

Thanks for the basic electronix info from everybody but it made me realize
that I worded my query ambiguously.  Actually I know that R is resistance;
I was just saying that one couldn't use the equation to derive amps from
the voltmeter reading and vice versa since the value for resistance at any
time in the car's circuit is unknown.

On a related note, a couple people have said that the voltmeter is more
useful than an ammeter so I think I'll go with that (especially since I
have one).

Again, thanks for the responses, b---------