Re: 16v 8v question

> Is the engine block for the 1.8 16v exactly the same as the block
> for the 1.8 8v?
>                        Jay

Not exactly, similar though. The 16v block has oil squiter for the pistons
and the pistons are very different and not interchangable, but it is
possible to use a 8v block, with 16v pistons, intermediate shaft, and oil
pump, along with a 16v head, my friend has done it, but I dont' recomend
it.  The 2.0l bubble block like in Audi's is more simmilar, as far as the
oil passages and crankcase vent.

Shikaroka
tjarrett@olie.wvitcoe.wvnet.edu

82 Scirocco 16v (highly modified)