Heater core/Speedo/Funny story

I need to replace the heater core on my '81.  The Bentley makes it look
deceptively simple but the housing is held by these metal clips, some which
are so close to the floor that there is almost no clearance to take them
off or certainly to replace them.  Anyone done this job or should I leave
it to a pro?

I have a speedo which is too optimistic (I wish I was actually doing 0-60
that fast).  Changing the initial position of the needle as per someone's
suggestion  helped somewhat but didn't cure the problem so I think I'm
going to have to replace the whole unit.  I took a look at a junkyard and
there were a variety of speedos.  I saw Motometer (I think) units which
look exactly like my VDO--are they the same?  Can the 100mph and more units
replace my 85mph one without any mods?  Finally, what are the laws
regarding the swapping of speedo/odometers in California.

Couple days ago, when I opened the rear hatch, I saw a large black widow
which immediately retreated into the space beside the rear seatback.  I
spent over an hour looking for the spider before I gave up.  Behind the
cardboard panel where the rear sidemarker lights emerge, there is a deep
pocket which can trap water.  The day before, I had been sticking my arm up
to my elbow in there to feel for the presence of water.  Now I  noticed
some webs right in that area!
After nervously driving to work and constantly feeling crawly, itchy stuff
all over my body, I parked with the hope that it would emerge to rebuild
its web but my worst fear was that it had moved and could be anywhere.
Sure nuff, in the evening I could see part of her peeking out from a narrow
crack.  The happy ending is that I was able to tease her out with a wire
and now I have a cool pet!  I might spray my car just to make sure her
sisters aren't hanging out and also to get rid of any egg sacs she may have
produced.  Laterz, b-------