Re: Stereo Preference?

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Jay Docherty wrote:

> I am planing on the purchase of a new cd player for my scirocco.  I
> have narrowed it down to either a blaupunc or a pioneer.  I was
> curious if any of you guys have had any bad or good experiences with
> either of them.

I personally haven't used either but if you can, I would go with either an
Alpine or a Clarion.  I have used both in the past (have an Alpine 7832
now), and can recommend them wholeheartedly in terms of reliability,
ergonomics, and performance.  What price range are you in?  A cheap
in-dash CD player might be more problems than it's worth...I once had the
base model Clarion (5680) and it skipped horribly (so I guess I can't
wholeheartedly recommend Clarion...:)

The new higher end Pioneers have been rated very highly, BTW, but the
lower models look/feel a little cheap for my liking.  As for Blaupunkt,
they haven't been rated in the same class for a few years.  I don't think
they even makea high-end deck.