Re: Stereo Preference?

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Jay Docherty wrote:

> I am planing on the purchase of a new cd player for my scirocco.  I
> have narrowed it down to either a blaupunc or a pioneer.  I was
> curious if any of you guys have had any bad or good experiences with
> either of them.
>
> I, personally am partial to Blaupunc because they come stock in VWs.
>
>                           Jay

I looked at both of those brands as well as a sony before I ended up
going with the pioneer.  I used to sell the units and the feedback I got
was that the pioneers don't skip as often.  I'm sure everyone has thier
own reasons for thier personal preference.  One thing to consider is the
power output on the units, that is if you aren't going to be using
seperate amps.  The cd sound quality will be indistinguishable until it
get to the units internal amp.  Most of them have about 1% distortion or
so(rough guess) versus a good external amp which would have aroung .05% to
.1%, very noticable difference.  If you are using external amps, go for
the features, sound quality will be the same for the head units.  The
unit I got had to be able to fade between two RCA outputs so I could
power my two 500W Orion amps.  One of the other features I like about
unit I got is the remote that came with it.  I know, it's right there,
what do I need a remote for.  I made myself start using it and now I
don't have to look away from merging traffic to change volume,
stations, songs, bass, trebble , etc..  Either one will be fine I'm sure,
but you'll get much more listening pleasure out of it, even with standard
speakers, with some amp after the head unit.  Hope this helps some.

	shadrach