Returned mail: User unknown

The original message was received at Fri, 6 Dec 1996 18:09:21 GMT
from alder.sucs.soton.ac.uk [152.78.128.56]

<scirroco-l@privatei.com>

... while talking to mantis.privatei.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<scirroco-l@privatei.com>
<<< 550 <scirroco-l@privatei.com>... User unknown
550 <scirroco-l@privatei.com>... User unknown

Could not process part with Content-Type: message/delivery-status.

---- Begin included message ----
Hi, I'm new to this list.

I've just got myself an 1983 Scirroco after driving my Jetta down a large pot
hole at high speed.

I was doing the Preston road rally here in the UK.  I was doing about 80-90mph
down a long smooth muddy farm track when the road suddenly dropped away
something like this \/  The front wheels hit the far side of the hole, doing
considerably more damage than hitting a curb!  One tyre burst and the rim was
seriously bent.  The windscreen aquired a full length crack from the stress.
The chassis leg bent (where the wishbone attaches) and the suspension turret on
the same side is now removing itself from the inner wing....  So I got myself
a Scirocco!!!

The problem is, the Scirroco has a bent rear axle (which is how I got it cheap)
and the Jetta hasn't.  I understand the axles are identical (at least in the
UK) and I plan to swap them over (along with some other bits)  I've had no
trouble removing the axle from the scirocco, but I can't get the one off the
Jetta because I can't undo the brake lines.  Any suggestions???

James Coyne
Wessex Motor Club, Southampton University, UK
jcc194@soton.ac.uk
---- End included message ----