Re: Ideas for seat lowering

wrong.

>It has 'em, all right.  I want them even lower than that (I'm not exactly
>ummmm... lightly built).  The seat lowering almost makes it worse, because
>the pivot point is not exactly at the front of the seat - it forces my
>knees just a little closer to the steering wheel if I drop the seat down
>all the way.  What I'm envisioning (this could be a completely thwacked
>vision; I'm stuck in a data center and haven't looked at the interior of
>the car for several hours) is maybe removing the tracks underneath the seat
>and bolting it (more) directly to the floor.  I really do love the seats,
>so I don't want to spend $400 on an aftermarket job if I don't have to.

Okay, I understand now.  Well, removing the frame under the seat will be a
little tricky, but would be more problematic is trying to work with the hump
on the floor.  I think that is where your problem is more than anything
else.  I don't think you can cut into it, as it is an integral part of the
'frame' of the car.  An aftermarket seat would most unlikey help you, they
will probably be just as high *unless* the seat cushion is not as tall.
        One thing you might check into is a seat frame from an Audi Quattro.
SOme of them, if not all had dropping seats, and if I remember right, they
had a lower frontal portion of the frame.  You might be able to transfer
your cushions onto it.

        Anyone see any problems with this suggestion?

David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
with Original Equipment parts at Discount Store Prices.

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102