Re: speaking of dashes

On 18 Aug 96 at 22:09, Ilias Glavinas wrote:
> The solution is indeed very simple: you go to your dealer._
> VW has come up (for at least 2 years now) with an improved design
> that lets you buy the plastic casing and the bulb separately, so
> that if your bulb goes, you only need to buy a new bulb ($.75) and
> slip it in the place of the burnt one.
>
> Ilias

I guess you wouldn't happen to know the part numbers for the
replacements?  The dealer I went to was clueless.  They had a 2 piece
replacement for another similar bulb in another model, but couldn't
come up with the one for the Scirocco.  They were on the right track,
but came up a bit short.  Their micro-fiche had no replacement listed
at all.  I have a few other parts on order and if I could call them with
the part numbers they could add that to the order before they call
in the parts order on Wednesday.  This is a bit much to ask, but I
figured I'd give it a shot :)  Maybe the smart thing to do is try other
dealers until I find one that knows about the replacement.

I can't seem to win with the VW dealers here.  The one that did the
recall work didn't do FI pressure purge.  The one that can't find the
replacement for the bulb will do the pressure purge for $99 US, more
than others here have paid.  Why can't I find one good dealer?  Oh
well, so far I'd say the hassle is worth it, the car's great anyway !
Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone!
Since I finally got my Bentley manual maybe I can return the favors
and be of some assistance to others now.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
'85 Scirocco 8V