Re: Idle speed

You wrote:

>I read in the newsgroups where someone constructed an arch that
allowed
>the second air opening of the throttle body open sooner, as stock you
>almost have to floor it to get it to open the larger air intake. Does
>this really help any?
>I am already using a custom ram-air induction/K&N on my car.
>
>Ryan

Actually what their doing is putting a screw in the linkage forcing the
secondary to open sooner. It sounds as if its got more umph, but is
doesnt work quite that well. If you are drag racing, it might give you
some sort of launching bonus but for street driving your better off
just leaving it alone. By throwing the secondary wide open that fast,
it doesnt give the fuel managment system time to meter out the proper
amount of fuel. It takes a bit longer for the fuel system to sort
things out to get the proper metering to the cylinders. Thats why the
system is the way it is. Less power now and more power later! See how
easy and fun that was?
:)

Shawn