Greeting form a new member

I just love these mailing lists.  If these didn't exist, I be more
productive at work.  I've been a long suscriber to the Corrado-l list , but
my roots as a VW fan started with an 82 Scirocco.  I am currently driving
my Corrado now but, I have not let go of my old faithful friend the
Scirocco.

That Scirocco was some kind of car.  I like to chronicle my life based upon
that car as follows:

3 Junior colleges
2 Universities
4 Girlfriends
12 Years
150,000 Miles
2 Cities
1 Scirocco

This is not a case of costomer loyalty, but auto loyalty.  Currently the
Scirocco is sitting in my driveway stripped and waiting for money and
motor.  I hope to be working on this thing this year provided my Corrado
doesn't need attention.  I'd like to find out what unique Sciroccos we have
out there.  Couple of questions I have:

1)  Anyone retrofit Power steering on a no-power steering car?
2)  A long outstanding question is has anyone ever retrofitted Corrado
brakes to their car?

Sorry for the wasted long band width

Rodney Noriel